Trying to look busy...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not invited?

OK... I must not have been a very good "party-er" at the last potluck we had, because this time, I didn't even get the invitation!

Everytime someone turns 50 here, which is like every couple months, they throw a potluck. They make the birthday person wear this stupid red boa and hat and carry around one of those gimmick canes with the horn, rear view mirror and blinking lights. It's soo annoying.

I heard about it a couple weeks ago. Normally someone will pass around a sheet with stuff that people could bring. (LAME! THEY PRE-DETERMINE THE MENU. AND IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME!) Somebody must have either crossed my name off for me, or they just left it off intentionally. Nobody even came and asked me if I was joining them. It's like a conspiracy; everyone was in on it to keep me out of their precious potluck.

In reality, I'm not really bumming that much, because sitting around listing to old people jokes during my lunch break isn't exactly what I call a good time. I would have like a piece of cake though.

2 Comments:

  • Consider it a blessing, I hate potlucks. You never know who prepared what food and whether or not they are cleanly.

    By Blogger Sherri Sanders, at 7/03/2006 7:57 PM  

  • You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2007 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home