Trying to look busy...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ultrasonic hearing

I was talking to my wife the other day about ultrasonic hearing.

A few years back, I put one of those electronic ultrasonic pest repellants in my bedroom. After I was laying in bed at night, and the house was quiet, I could hear a high pitched clicking noise, especially loud in my left ear, and it was driving me crazy. I finally figured out that I was hearing the ultrasonic sound being emitted from the device.

According to information I found, humans usually have a hearing range of 20 Hz - 20kHz. On one site for a manufacture of one of these such devices, they claim to have a range of 26 kHz - 74 kHz. Apparently, my hearing range is at least 26 kHz, maybe more in my left ear since it was so much louder in my left than my right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home