Trying to look busy...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Life, liberty and the Persuit!

This weekend I am traveling to NYC. My wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning. I'm traveling to New York to meet my boss and negotiate a salary for my new JOB! I've been working for a guy from NYC as a freelance web developer part-time for the past 5 months or so and now he's offered to take me on full time. This is very exciting news for me! Finally, I am going to be doing something I like, making more money and I'll get to work from home. Plus, I'll be gaining some great experience for if I ever want to go back to work in a company setting a few years down the road.

I'm hoping that this new job will also give me more time to do things I want to do. I will be cutting about an hour of time I wasted driving to and from work every day. I even plan on blogging more!

Now, I haven't given my two weeks notice yet at my current job. I wanted to be sure everything works out smoothly this weekend first. If all goes well, I am going to inform my work on Monday that my last day will be 7/25 or so.

Speaking of blogging more, I've decided that I opened this blog because I didn't like my current job, so now that I am leaving it I will also be leaving this blog. But have no fear! Come on over to my other site at WackyQuote.com.

So long blog... thanks for the memories. (I'll make one last post here on my last day.)

1 Comments:

  • congratulations on leaving the world of cubicles!

    i salute you while u go and chase your dreams. it was fun reading you.

    fu

    By Blogger FU, at 7/06/2006 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home