Trying to look busy...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I am half a man.

This just in. I am half a man. Well, apparently I am, anyways. Read on!

In an email sent to the department, quoth the Nosy one, "we have 1 and a half sales support staff." Really, I am a half of a person? You know, even slaves were counted as 3/5's so I don't even rank that high. Maybe that is the reason that I was told, 'The rest of us are going to eat lunch in the executive dining room, so we will be gone for a couple hours. If you want lunch, you better go before 12.' Yep, they get some free fancy lunch and I am forced to eat an hour earlier than I normally do because I have to be their phone monkey.

Anyway, back to the email. Now that we have "1 and a half" sales support staff, we were "asked" to start doing a new task. Wait, let me restate that so it's truthful. We were told that I would have to start doing a new task. It's just an addition to another task that we are supposed to both be doing, but I seem to be the only one doing it. Therefore, I will be the one to take on this new task.

Seems to me that if I am only half an employee, I should only be required to do half the work.



Part II.

The interview went good today! Yep, I had an interview for a "Junior Developer" position. It sounds like it's something I might actually like. Mostly creating Access DBs, Crystal Reports and the likes at first, then possibly getting into more programming about 6 months down the road. I hope they call me for a second interview.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home