Trying to look busy...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Nosy nosy nosy...

I can't stand it. Everybody here is so nosy. Not just Nosy Church Lady. E-v-e-r-y b-o-d-y. They want to know everything about everybody, especially me. (Because I don't tell them or because I am so hot? Probably both.)

NOSY!

I hate when people obviously lean over to glance at my caller id when the phone rings.
I hate when people stand right outside your wall when I am on call.
I hate when people ask me what I did last weekend and a simple "nothing too exciting" isn't good enough.
I hate when people think that they are free to dig through my pile of crap* on my desk.
I hate when people stare at me when they walk by.
I hate when people tell me that the print on my computer screen is too small**.
I hate when people assume that I will help them with anything.
I hate when people ask me what I am eating for lunch everyday.
I hate when people look at the pictures on my desk for more than 5 seconds.
I hate when people touch anything I have on my desk.
I hate when people I work with call me at work when they are not a work.
I hate when people slap me on the back.
I hate when people give me advice.
I hate when people enter my cube without asking.

Et cetera...


* The "pile of crap" is my affectionate term for the pile of papers that I keep. They are not quite garbage (because there is a small chance that I will need something in a couple weeks), not quite worth keeping (because after a month or two, they will be garbage), they are just a pile of crap.
** I have my resolution set to the highest setting possible for two reasons: 1) I can fit more crap on the screen. 2) The smaller size writting makes sure that less people can see what I am doing.

2 Comments:

  • I just thought of another.

    Nosy!

    I hate it when people look through my outgoing mail.

    By Blogger lookingbusy, at 12/19/2005 6:26 PM  

  • I hate when people are being paid to do a job, and all they do is sit around, on company time, and complain about actually having to work.

    I also hate when people check their personal e-mail on company time, and then get pissed when other people ask them what they are doing.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1/03/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home