Trying to look busy...

Friday, October 21, 2005

People that I work with.

This has been a long time coming. Yes, it is very long, but it’s worth reading.

Alwayslate - This coworker of mine is very good at not doing anything. Alwayslate has basically the same job description that I do. She thinks that there are some tasks that only I should do and she protects her easier or more enjoyable tasks. Alwayslate is habitually late. She likes to come to work between 10 and 12. I think that she just likes to stay after everybody else leaves, because then she really doesn't have to do anything. Alwayslate is part of a knitting and sewing group. She spends much of her day chatting on the phone with her knitting friends about the latest project they are working on. She is good at making molehills into mountains. Alwayslate is 48 years old.

Hiding-behind-laughter guy - This guy is always joking around. He likes to whistle, shout things out and makes up puns often. Hiding-behind-laughter guy is okay to work with, but his constant chipperness can get quite annoying. The reason he is called Hiding-behind-laughter guy is because I think his life goal is to make everyone think that he is happy all the time. Hiding-behind-laughter guy is 36 years old.

Nosy Church Lady - I knew Nosy Church Lady before I started working in this department. We go to the same church. Nosy Church Lady is a gossip freak. She loves to feel good about herself and loves to talk about others, especially how dumb she thinks they are. Nosy Church Lady is not someone that I suggest anybody trust. Now, I am not going to judge what someone believes, but Nosy Church Lady thinks that she is a step above the rest because she is part of the women’s group at church, and she makes this fact known often. At work, she gladly accepts the "Best Resource" designation but complains when people ask for her help. Nosy Church Lady is 62 years old.

Boss Pawn - Boss Pawn is my dim-witted boss that lets her subordinates take advantage of her, if they want to. Alwayslate definitely takes advantage of Boss Pawn. She always claims to be "so busy" and never have time to do anything. Boss Pawn, instead of realizing the truth, that she is lazy, passes her work off to other people and pretends that she is busy, believes Alwayslate and gives her great praise for being so dedicated. Boss Pawn acts as if she doesn’t have much managerial experience. Boss Pawn is about 45 years old.

Wannabe Bimbo – With her gray hair died blonde and matching ignorance to intelligence of any kind, you could easily describe Wannabe Bimbo as a "Typical Blonde." As about a 1 year member of the department, she is still struggling to learn her job. Often, she gives out false information to customers because she just makes things up, in order to not appear that she doesn’t know what she is doing. Other people I work with really like to talk about Wannabe Bimbo behind her back. I don’t participate in the Wannabe Bimbo bitch sessions however, even though I tend to agree with them. Wannabe Bimbo is about 50 years old.

LookingBusy – Were do I fit in? Well, I show up everyday, but I don’t have any motivation. I don’t particularly think that my job is very important or that my job is required for the business to exist. I answer about 4-5 calls per day, send some information out to customers, receive some information back from customers and forward some information on to other departments. I would say this whole process usually takes me about an hour and a half everyday to do. The rest of the day, I just try my best to look busy and please Boss Pawn. LookingBusy is 24 years old.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home