Trying to look busy...

Friday, October 14, 2005

So glad coworker is on vacation.

We had a new employee at a different location here earlier this week, so he could get some training. New employee is a sales rep, coworker and I are sales support. In different location where new employee works, there is one sales support person and he is the only sales rep.

This is what I heard coworker say to new employee.

"The sales rep who was there before you just did things his way and never told his sales support person, so she doesn't really know what she's doing."

Well, I thought, this would be a perfect opportunity to say something funny and true. I said, "Yeah, I know what that's like!"

Coworker is in the next cube over, but as soon as I said that she was over to my cube so fast I thought Old Country Buffet was having a free dinner promotion to anybody over 3 bills.

"What!?!? What are you talking about?" she said. "Blah blah blaahahhaha...." I really wasn't listening anymore, because I don't care.

In the end, she just thought that I was joking with her. I guess criticizing her (lack of) training ability is a no-no.