Trying to look busy...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A rose by any other name...

I've decided that whenever Alwayslate has someone in her cube and is "chatting," I should be allowed to do whatever I want. Play games, read blogs, eBay some old used office supplies, work on mad schemes to take over the world, look for new jobs, work on my rubber band ball, etc. Now I will have even more down time to play with, w00t!

Speaking of Alwayslate, she needs a new name. Every since I complained to my boss that she doesn't take her lunch breaks, which are required by company policy, and 3 1/2 months later when my boss finally told her that she has to take her lunch breaks, she has been coming in earlier. Her timesheet says as early as 7:00 am some days. She still plays with her time quite a bit. 9 hours one day, 6 hours another, 11 hours a different day; it all seems like an elaborate scheme to trick everybody into thinking she is here more than she really is.

There's an old saying called rubber clocking. Basically, rubber clocking means that you are reporting your start and end (and break) times slightly off so that your recorded time is more than your actual time. So, from now on: Alwayslate shall be known as The Rubber Clocker.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home