Trying to look busy...

Monday, July 25, 2005

Rules of the road people!

I hate when bicyclists do not follow the rules of the road. Today, on the way in to work, I saw one such offender. Here is how it all went down. I came up to a 4-way stop. I was behind one car, there was a car across the intersection headed in the opposite direction and there was one car to my left; everybody was going straight. It was the car in front of me and the car opposite turns to go. They went fine. I pulled up to the stop sign. The car at left went. Now, it is my turn right? Nope! Some idiot on a bike comes tearing through from the left not even stopping at the stop sign or paying attention. I saw her coming, so I started to go just a little bit to try to scare her. If I would have been thinking, I should have honked the horn and yelled out the window at her to stop at stop signs. No wonder there are so many car-bicycle accidents. New York had 6,868 in 2001.