Trying to look busy...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"What is the world coming to?" otherwise known as "Odd-behavior"

Two very interesting things happend to me today within a 2 minute time span.

Today, during my lunch break, I left work to run a couple errands. On the way back into the building, I passed a woman on the sidewalk. She was in her upper 50's, short and a little stocky. She had a purse or bag of some kind in her right hand, and in her left hand she was holding a cigarette. We passed eachother on our left sides, and as we did, she stretched her left hand, the one holding the cigarette, as far to the right side of her as she could. It was basically on her right hip. I thought this was quite odd. Was she trying to protect me from the "nasty" second hand smoke? Was she afraid that I may grab her last cigarette right out of her hand? I thought about asking her what her intentions were, but since I generally do not care to pry into people personal business, I decided not to.

About two minutes later, I was inside the building walking down the hallway towards my desk. I passed by a handicapped woman who works here. I politly smiled at her and softly said 'Hello' and then turned to the right to head towards my desk. I then heard her mutter under her breath (Which is pretty loud; have you ever heard a handicapped person mutter or whisper anything quietly?) 'Outta my way, stupid ass.' I guess this is not suprising, but it is sad. This person does not have the brain capabilities of most of the rest of us, and all this world has taught her was to be rude to people who are being nice to you.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home